Translate

Friday 5 September 2014

01 - Anything (Mixed Media) Goes

Welcome to our first challenge here at The Mirror Crack'd. We would love for you to join in the fun with us and enter your fabulous mixed media/altered art style creations in the blue linky below.

Our first theme is a nice easy one of Anything Goes (please remember no cards).

We will have a winner and Top spots (depending on how many entries we get) and these will be chosen by a member of the Design Team, rather than randomly picked. I shall be hosting this first one, and therefore picking the winner and top spots. The winner will also have the option, should he or she choose, to be a guest designer with us for a future challenge. So without further ado, I shall hand you over to my fabulous team and hope that they can inspire you. PLEASE pop by their blogs and show them your appreciation. 

Angela R
Hi, Angela here with my first project in this new challenge blog.
This was made using a canvas which I started by covering the frame section with moulding paste and stamping into it. The project developed with the addition of metal areas and inks which were sprayed on to add colour. The inner section was made with fusible fibres and the fish with shrink plastic. If you would like to see the tutorial for this please visit my blog. I hope you will enjoy our projects, we would love to see what you come up with too. Happy crafting, Angela x

Lula
Hi there! For my first project I made MDF heart shape which I covered with scraps of paper. I coloured the paper with Distress inks and watercolor paints.
Next up came some texturing, stamping and embellishing.
 
Sue-scrumplescrunch

Altered box using G45 paper as my substrate, before adding an eclectic mix of media to create a Vintage appeal.

Rita Marie

I felt like I needed an angel today so I drew one.  Here is a mixed media picture done with  collaged papers from an old dictionary and an old children's book.  I used gelatos, acrylic white, stamps, and geli pens.   I have a video going up for this picture and should be up by tomorrow
 
CraftNCreate Consuela
 A recycled mixed media canvas. The background was covered in gesso and then multiple layers of home made glimmer mist, alcohol inks and watered down paint were added.  I also used glitter sprays.  I also added "glass" rocks to her head along with flowers, buttons, butterflies and a few metal embellishments. 

Carole
I have used Mod Podge, Patterned Paper, Acrylic Paint and Texture Paste, along with buttons, ribbon, a butterfly that should really be a magnet, and a bit of UTEE swirled round in my trusty Melt Pot - to alter what was a plain black mirror.  

Merethe - Merethes Kreative Boble

I have altered this box and filled it with matchsticks. I have used leftover paper, lace, stencils, relief paste painters paste, flower, beads and glimmer mist. More details in my blog.

I made a mixed media canvas. I have used patterned paper, mod podge, stencils, texture paste, distress paint & dylusions spray, Faber-Castell Big Brush Pens. Used lots of embellishments and dies.
On my blog I will post a photo-tutorial of the process!

 I created a canvas that I will call Metal Mania.  I started with a 7" square of framer's mat board and added lots of paint, texture paste and stenciling along with some drywall tape to create the background.  Then I added some painted corrugated cardboard that was rubbed with Texture Gold wax paste, some stamped fabric tape and text created on the computer.  The metal bits and pieces are a mixture Idea-ology, brads, a button and wings made from paper-backed metal tape used in the heating and air conditioning industry. 

My first project is a mixed media canvas with a Under The Sea theme. The dies I used are from Noor! Design and from Memory Box. I used Gelatos, Glass Bead Glitter Gel, Inka Gold, Pitt Pens... There's a start to finish video on my blog.

I created this mixed media piece on chipboard. I've used Prima resin clock as my focal point here. Background is created with two stencils and modelling paste. For more details visit my blog

 
For my first Design Team project I decorated this shadow box. I created this piece for my Mother-In-Law, so there are lots of pieces with special meaning. For this project I used paper, paints, inks, stamping, rub-ons, stencils, homemade texture paste and shimmer paints, ribbons, resist canvas, chipboard and flowers.

 This is a shadow box made from old Mac & Cheese box :) I love recycling box and you'll see more variety of shadow boxes in the future. For this project, I made sprays out of some paints. For details and video of this project, head down to my blog.

This is my first ever mixed media project so please be kind! I started with a placemat and ended up with the above. Please visit my blog for further information.

So now ladies and gentlemen it's up to you. We are eager to see what you can create. The challenge will run until 3rd October and our next challenge will be 5th October. So you have just about a month to create something to blow our socks off.






56 comments:

  1. Lovely projects! I will put my "thinking cap" on, wait for some inspiration, and maybe I can join in too :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We look forward to seeing what you come up with Rosa.

      Lin

      Delete
  2. Just what I was looking for...mixed media challenges! Wonderful DT inspiration!

    Making Mayhem | Because Life is Messy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Angi, look forward to seeing what you can inspire us with as well.

      Lin

      Delete
  3. I love mixed media - your Inspiration are fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Dagmar, looking forward to seeing your creations too

      Lin

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. Thank you Neha, looking forward to seeing your creations too

      Lin

      Delete
  5. I would love to at my creation but I still get the remark that I'm back linking my photo. http://debbysscrapcards.blogspot.nl/2014/09/mixed-medie-mdf-fotolijst.html this is the mixed media I want to send in for this challenge

    hugs Debby

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Blogger Lin said...

      Firstly you blogged this project on the 4th September and our challenge didn't go live until the 5th, this I am afraid, is not allowed under our rules. Secondly you have not, in any of your posts that I can see, put a link to the challenge you are trying to enter. I am sorry but unless you put our name, linked to our challenge blog, in the entry you are trying to enter the linky tool will not let you! I did get one of our team who speaks your language to come and explain that to you and see that she has left you a comment under that post.

      I am surprised to be honest that someone has not pointed out to you before now that you have to have a link to the challenge you are trying to enter as it is very much common blog practice. Perhaps they didn't have the linky set to block such entries as do not do that, and didn't notice.

      We will be delighted to see your entries into our challenges in future, but please make sure they are linked, to us in your post and that you are not trying to enter something you blogged prior to the start date of the challenge.

      Regards

      Lin
      The Mirror Crack'd

      Translation, I hope, below:

      Ten eerste je dit project op de 4 september geblogd en onze uitdaging niet gaan wonen totdat de 5e , dit ben ik bang , is niet toegestaan ​​onder onze regels . Ten tweede heb je niet , in een van je berichten dat ik kan zien , zet een link naar de uitdaging die u probeert te openen. Het spijt me , maar tenzij je onze naam , gekoppeld aan onze challenge blog , in het item dat u probeert om de linky in te gaan zal je niet teleurstellen ! Ik kreeg een van ons team die uw taal te komen en uit te leggen dat om je heen en zie dat ze je heeft verlaten een reactie onder die post spreekt .

      Ik ben verbaasd om eerlijk te zijn dat iemand niet heeft aangegeven om u vóór nu dat je een link naar de uitdaging die je probeert in te voeren , omdat het erg veel gemeen blog praktijk hebben. Misschien hadden ze niet het instellen van dergelijke vermeldingen als doe dat niet blokkeren linky , en niet in de gaten .

      We zullen blij zijn om uw data te zien in onze uitdagingen in de toekomst zijn, maar zorg ervoor dat ze gekoppeld zijn , aan ons in uw post en dat je niet probeert om iets wat je geblogd voorafgaand aan de startdatum van de uitdaging in te voeren .

      groeten

      Delete
  6. Congratulations to your already wonderful new challenge blog and all of the inspiring samples.
    Thanks to Shilpa on FB I found you.
    Mixed Media is what I enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Patty. We hope to see something wonderful from you too!

      Lin

      Delete
  7. Fabulous projects from the DT..all of them, I will get my thinking cap on!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your support. I haven't had time to check just yet to see if you have joined us already but very much hope that if you haven't you will be doing so!

      Lin
      The Mirror Crack'd

      Delete
  8. I was visiting my friend Patty's blog this morning and saw the link. I had already decided to join, even though I already have many commitments. I am crazy about mixed media, and when Angela left me a comment on another post, I decided the stars had truly aligned and I was meant to be part of this challenge.

    I simply ADORE what the DTs made. I don't often look, or get inspired, but these gals blew me away! I didn't see any fabric entries, but after reading three times, I hoped it fit the criterion of anything mixed media.

    Thank you for starting this blog, because I really love what all of you have made.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Absolutely fabric is fine, and thank you for the wonderful comment you left on my personal blog as it really boosted my confidence! I have a feeling I already came and said this on your personal blog, but as I have a memory like a sieve I may just have imagined it!

      Thank you for your support and kind words to the team.

      Lin
      The Mirror Crack'd

      Delete
  9. Wonderful DT and wonderful pieces for your first theme!
    Wish fun with your new blog to the whole team!
    xxx
    Susi

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for your kind words and support Susi.

      Lin
      The Mirror Crack'd

      Delete
  10. Lovely inspirations...glad to be a part of your first challenge. Hope you like it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And we are delighted to have your Rupa. Thank you for your kind words

      Lin
      The Mirror Crack'd

      Delete
  11. Found you by way of my friend, Sue--perfect for your DT! I'm not even on the same planet as all of you, but I'm entering anyway. Love to see what talented people can do!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm feeling quite inadequate myself Greta, as I have managed I know not how to put together a very talented team. Aren't I the lucky one!

      We are delighted to have you join us

      Lin
      The Mirror Crack'd

      Delete
  12. A great challenge :) Love mixed media projects. The inspiration pieces from the DT members are fantastic :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Yay! So happy I found this exciting and fab new challenge blog! The DT inspiration is gobsmacking!
    Thank you so much for all the fab inspiration and putting up the challenge!

    Claudia x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's us that are gobsmacked Claudia, at the absolutely amazing response we have had to our very first challenge. I envisioned us sitting her with a couple of lonely entries. We are blown away by the talent joining us

      Lin
      The Mirror Crack'd

      Delete
  14. Goregous samples from the DT! Going to add you to my feed, love Mixed Media :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Gio, I sincerely hope you will be joining us if you haven't done so already (not had a change to check yet)

      Lin
      The Mirror Crack'd

      Delete
  15. I love seeing all of your art pieces! So beautiful! Thank you for a new challenge! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We are happy to oblige Katy. Thank you for your lovely comment.

      Lin
      The Mirror Crack'd

      Delete
  16. Bonjour,
    De magnifique créations, j'ai voulu participer mais je ne sais pas si j'ai bien compris alors si je me suis trompée, j'en suis sincèrement désolé.
    Je ne comprend pas et ne parle pas l'anglais donc obligé de prendre le traducteur Google.
    A+

    ADA

    ReplyDelete
  17. Fabulous art work by all the DT, great to see such variety...and great to see so many entries already. Ruth x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We are thrilled with the number of entries too Ruth. Many thanks for your lovely comment.

      Lin
      The Mirror Crack'd

      Delete
  18. WOW such fabulous creations from the DT, love them all excellent work.

    Will be following this blog now too. Thank you so much, just love mixed media.

    Great Big Huge Hugs and Good Luck

    Becca xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your good wishes and kind comments. I have replied to your later comment below. Sorry it took me so long to spot you were having a problem!

      Lin
      The Mirror Crack'd

      Delete
  19. Congrats on your new blog! I'm a new follower. Fabulous work by the team. So happy to be able to join in your first challenge. Best of luck! xxD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We are happy to have you join us Donna, and thank you for your kind words

      Lin
      The Mirror Crack'd

      Delete
  20. Wow Lin, this is quite the talented team you have put together! I'm blown away by these fabulous creations! So excited to be here for your very first challenge, here's to many many more!! hugs :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Pamellia. It's been a labour of love getting going. My health issues have sadly delayed it a few times, but my fabulous team have patiently hung on, and I am very lucky to have them and grateful they had patience!

      Lin
      The Mirror Crack'd

      Delete
  21. Fantastic DT inspiration!!! And congratulations for the new fabulous challenge. Mar x

    ReplyDelete
  22. Your designer team entries are totally fabulous, with such a variety of styles and techniques. I like that your challenge is for Mixed Media and no cards.
    Best wishes for the success of your new venture.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Many thanks for your kind wishes Sheila and your supportive words. I am pretty darn thrilled with the team myself!

      Lin
      The Mirror Crack'd

      Delete
  23. Thank you Angela for letting us at Challenges for Days know about the challenge, we will add you to our Challenges by Date not day list. Terrific new challenge and great to have another place to showcase our mixed media arty projects good luck to you all. XOXO Zoe

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Many thanks for adding us Zoe, and to Angela for letting you know. The team have worked hard, not just on the projects and I am very, very lucky to have them.

      Lin
      The Mirror Crack'd

      Delete
  24. Hi, I have tried to add an entry a few days ago and it still isn't showing? I tried to linkup again but got a message saying I have already linked? Just wondered if it takes a few days to show up?

    Great Big Huge Hugs

    Becca xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Becca, I just logged into Inlinkz to check what happened to your entry and for some odd reason it decided to moderate you. You can have an option to moderate entries into a challenge, BUT I had not ticked that option and most entries have shown up fine. I have manually added your's now and apologise that you have had this issue. I have contacted Inlinkz to see if they can make sure it doesn't happen again.

      Lin xx

      Delete
  25. Fabulous DT inspiration and a great blog I had to follow.
    Julie x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Julie, I am delighted things have taken off so quickly, and with the support of so many mixed media enthusiasts I hope we continue to grow.

      Lin xx

      Delete
  26. Beautiful projects and great inspirations, a new challenge for mixed media projects and no cards, that is exactly my taste! Good luck and many thanks!! Kerstin

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kerstin for the good wishes. I decided on no cards, because there are so many card blogs about already and I wanted there to be somewhere for all the amazing works of art I had been spotting lurking around blogland in card challenges every time they had an 'anything goes' or 'anything but a card' challenge.

      Lin xx

      Delete
  27. I'm so happy to have found your challenge blog. The inspiration is fabulous--what a great team you have. I'm hoping to join in this go round...we'll have to see, but in the meanwhile, I'm enjoying seeing all the wonderful, creative pieces here. Good luck to you on your blog!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Sara. I am pretty thrilled myself. I consider myself very lucky to have such a talented bunch of people on the team.

      Lin xx

      Delete
  28. Wonderful projects from the DT. Love your overall theme. I have become a follower and look forward to coming back and playing often.
    :) Chris / CS Designs

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your lovely comment, and for your gorgeous entry. We look forward to seeing you back again, and often!

      Lin

      Delete

Thank you for leaving us a comment.